The Writers of Wales Database
Tel: 01437 890083 / 01252 792004
Poet, actress and lecturer. Born in the Isle of Man, Marnie was born to Welsh parents from Swansea. She studied English/Drama and worked as a professional actress in Birmingham, eventually obtaining her teachers' L.R.A.M. She became a Lecturer in Drama and Communication Studies, Storytelling and Puppetry in Australia. Until recently, Marnie was a primary school teacher. She writes and performs poetry and offers storytelling to young children. Marnie is a Member of Academi.
Shadow of a Butterfly (Tiger Bay Press, 1985)
The Green Isles of the Ocean (Gwasg Gomer, 2005)
Yr Ynys Hud (Gomer, 2005)
Finbar Sails to Wales (Pont, 2007)
A Dragon called Stanley (Marnie Francis, 2010)
Eligible Writers on Tour subjects:
1. Read and perform own work
2. Enhance the pleasure of prose and poetry through readings
3. ’The pleasure of poetry and rhyming’ with children
4. Workshops with children and adults: ’creative listening and writing’.
5. Illustrated talks with slides and poetry – South and West Wales slides and Australia
6. Creative workshops on the Dreamtime Legends and the Mabinogi.
AGE-RANGE: Adults and children as suitable for the above.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Electricity supply for tapes or musical equipment. Projector for slides.